Monday, August 27, 2012

Marriage After One Month At The Age of 85

My friend Lena  and Roland  got married as teenagers in Chattanooga, Tenn., during World War II.

A month ago, the two 85-year-olds got re-hitched in Buffalo, nearly 50 years after they divorced.  Funny how the world works.

I asked Lena why in the world she got divorced to begin with?

She laughed and said, "There was too much to do!"

God Bless her!

So I aksed Roland.

He said, "I always thought it might happen.  It was always in the back of my mind. We're just thankful that we could get back together."

"I think we just kept thinking about each other all the time, even though we were so far apart," said Lena, a widow after her second marriage.

Well, today they made it official: they are married for a full month!

I hope each of you celebrate your marriage in whatever special way you each see fit!

God Bless the two of you!